Thursday, March 10, 2011

Atheists Using The "Christian Argument"?

Another fun tactic of the Spaghetti Monster crowd is to claim: "believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the FSM Bible proves he exists".

The Atheist will tell you "after all, I'm just using the Christian Argument".

Gee, guys, I didn't even know there was some standardized Christian Argument. Gosh, I'd like to hear more about that one.

I'm not aware of any Christian Evangelist that tells people "believe in God, the Bible proves He exists!" I guess there might be a few out there. I'm trying to picture some wild-eyed guy, adopting the Bible Gripper's Stance, shoving a big black book in your face and shouting "BELIEVE!".

Somehow, I can't see someone like that winning many converts.

My response to the FSM tactic is: "I'm an agnostic concerning the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Do you have a personal testimony about the FSM?"

"Well, you just need to read the FSM Bible, it's all in there!"

If I walked up to unbelieving people and said, "God exists. You need to read the Bible, it's all in there", they'd walk away and laugh. What compels people to rethink their views on God is telling them what changes have come in my life as a result of meeting Brother Jesus. And yes, anybody who believes in Jesus and tries to live their according to His teaching are brothers and sisters to Jesus. It's biblical!

Once again, the Atheists just don't get it, and they offer only cartoonish charicatures of Christianity, instead. More's the pity.

No comments: